Safety Tips, and Effective Waste Management
The tips listed here should help make the Clean-up day fun, safe, and environmentally friendly. Please review them and share them with your family or organization.
- Place the cleaned-up waste at your Park's dedicated waste collection area (as indicated in registration confirmation email). Put large or bulky items with the bagged waste at this location.
- Check the weather before heading out and dress appropriately for the weather, wear sunscreen and hats!
- Use precautions in wooded areas.
- Bring a reusable water bottle to stay hydrated.
- Wear proper and comfortable footwear.
- If you see a sharp or unknown object, take extra precautions to ensure your safety. If you do not feel safe removing it, please leave behind.
- Take breaks as needed.
- Bring hand sanitizer to keep hands clean.
- Sort garbage, recycling and other materials into appropriate bags. Please recycle as many materials as possible, such as plastic and glass bottles, plastic cups, cans, and paper. If the materials are too dirty or degrading, they can go into the garbage. Chip bags, disposable coffee cups, cigarette butts, candy wrappers, and take out food containers are garbage.
- A friendly reminder that the gloves that are provided for the clean-up are reusable! Please help in our efforts to reduce waste by saving the gloves after the clean up and reusing them throughout the year. Wash with warm water and mild soap, hang to dry. They can be re-used for gardening, housework, household projects, and of course, more litter clean-ups!