Clean-up and Safety Tips
The tips listed here should help make the Clean-up day fun, safe, and environmentally friendly. Please review them and share them with your family or organization.
- Please place the cleaned-up waste at or near the curb of your selected park for collection. Put large or bulky items with the bagged waste at this location if possible.
- Please consider any COVID regulations in place at time of the event.
- Check the weather before heading out and dress appropriately for the weather, wear sunscreen and hats!
- Use precautions in wooded areas (consider ticks and other wildlife).
- Bring a reusable water bottle to stay hydrated.
- Wear proper and comfortable footwear.
- If you see a sharp or unknown object, take extra precautions to ensure your safety. If you do not feel safe removing it, please leave behind.
- If needles are found, please report them to us using our Contact Form (Click here) and the appropriate crews will safely remove them. We also request that found needles are reported to the local Health Unit for tracking, please click HERE.
- Take breaks as needed.
- Bring hand sanitizer to keep hands clean. Wash hands thoroughly after the clean-up.
- Sort garbage, recycling and other materials into appropriate bags. Please recycle as many materials as possible, such as plastic and glass bottles, plastic cups, cans, and paper. If the materials are too dirty or degrading, they can go into the garbage. Chip bags, disposable coffee cups, cigarette butts, candy wrappers, and take out food containers are garbage.
- A friendly reminder that the gloves that are provided for the clean-up are reusable! Please help in our efforts to reduce waste by saving the gloves after the clean up and reusing them throughout the year. Wash with warm water and mild soap, hang to dry. They can be re-used for gardening, housework, household projects, and of course, more litter clean-ups!
- Be safe and have fun! If you'd like to share pictures of your Clean-Up, please post them to our Facebook page or email to BrockvilleCleanUp1@gmail.com